Monday 6 April 2015

Blues not Blueys

He'd rather be climbing...
It's Easter. We're not in the Blueys. Climber Boy isn't very thrilled about this at all, but is good-natured enough to not be immensely grouchy. Partly, I'd say, that's because the weather up in the Blueys has been pretty horrible all weekend anyhow. Some of his climber friends have ventured up there all the same, and we may hear of their (mis)adventures on the slippery wet sandstone at some later date.

I'm told that sandstone remains grippy enough even when it's damp. Picking my way up a gnarly old route with rain beating down on my dial wouldn't be my idea of fun no matter what the state of rock.

For my part, the nerve pain is practically all gone, my right leg is regaining its strength, and I've started pushing the envelope a bit on my cycling trips. Yesterday I swapped the Townie cruiser for the 26" Tourer, which is not quite as laid out as the old classic 700C Tourer that I customarily ride but at least not as girlie-upright and sedately snail-paced as the humble Townie. Letting the tyre pressure right down seems to give me just enough cushioning to avoid jarring my back, and so my cruising speed and roaming distance have at least doubled. Which is a mighty good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.